Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Sept. 14th

We had a nice time at church with the boys. The missionaries talked in church then for Sunday school we had the missionaries explain some of the programs of the church to help the boys know what to expect once they get to America. It rained the whole 30 minute walk home. Luckily we had umbrellas.

We fixed dinner for the 9 of us as quickly as we could because the boys had already started to snack on what they could find, which was mostly candy, crackers and cheese.

After dinner we played games again, 5000 with the dice and cards. I looked at the photo album with Ruslan so he could tell me who was who and explain what they were doing. One little boy he kept calling his brother ended up being a cousin. It was great to have Natalie there to help translate. We gave Ruslan his birthday present which was a camera and he seemed excited to get it. I also did some haircuts. Julie wanted me to cut Logans hair because he had a mullet going. He wasn't sure he wanted one so Ruslan said he wanted one so I did him first then Logan let me do his. Then Sasha wanted one too. Christal, I spiked Ruslan's hair but he straightened it back down again. We had a visit from Neil and Carolyn and Artem their roomates, The Heiners, wanted to take a nap.

While I was doing the hair cuts the boys wanted to see the cloths we brought for them. They seemed surprised and excited they tried some of the things on but then we let them know they couldn't wear anything until we were done with the school.

1 comment:

Nate and Marcie said...

The hair cuts look good. I was thinking that he needed one from the pictures :)